Monday, 30 March 2009
This hot and spicy soup has everything that a hot and spicy soup needs! Two generous servings!
Couple of slabs of salmon, cut into chunks (see photo)
A good pint & half of stock (chicken, veg or strangely, beef)
1 onion, diced
1 carrot, grated
Generous thumb of ginger, cut into strips (julienne)
Few cloves of chopped garlic
A good handful of mushrooms, roughly sliced
Generous splash of soy sauce
Generous splash of fish/oyster sauce
1tbsp hot chilli powder
Half a pack of rice noodles
Chopped spring onion to garnish
1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Cracked black pepper
1. Pour the stock into a large pan, on a medium heat
2. Add the onion, carrot, ginger, garlic and mushrooms
3. Add the soy sauce, fish/oyster sauce and chilli powder and stir.
4. Put the salmon chunks into the pan, reduce the heat and put a lid on. Simmer for 20-30 mins.
5. Fry the rice noodles in the oil for 2-3 mins. Put the noodles into the bottom of a serving bowl. Squeeze the juice of 1 lime into the soup before serving the soup and salmon chunks over. Garnish with spring onion.
- try sliced chilli to garnish
- try fresh coriander to garnish
- try beansprouts and/or sliced cabbage in the soup, instead of mushrooms
Yum yum yum :)